Although the process to learn how to avoid procrastination is very simple, the application of the principles regarding it are very difficult for the people who are not involved in procrastination. Every individual is guilty of retarding the things that need to be executed within a given period of time. Hence, the learning process of avoiding procrastination becomes important for everyone.
- Every task has to be prioritized on a daily basis. The decision regarding the things to be done, have to be done and which the individuals like to do has to be taken promptly.
- The worst things have to be sorted out immediately. The completion of the “must do” jobs has to be done on a priority basis. By doing this, the individuals get enough time for the completion of the remaining jobs at hand. This is one of the ways of how to avoid procrastination.
- It is recommended that, the individuals prepare a list of all the jobs that have to be accomplished in a day. The individuals have to make a habit of rewarding themselves for every job that is done.
- Looking closely at the procrastinating habits is also important. Things such as surfing the web, while doing the job and answering of e-mails, while doing the reports are some of the habits that demonstrate procrastination in the people. Once these habits of procrastination are figured out, it becomes easy to find out how to avoid procrastination by decimating such behaviors.
- The things that are done and the time taken to do them have to be maintained in a daily planner. A look at the done things motivates the individuals.
- The things that are completed in the entire day have to be written down at the end of the day. This in itself is a reward for the work done by the individuals and motivates them to increase their accuracy. The growing list is prompting enough to look for ways on how to avoid procrastination.
- A list of the goals for the coming days, months and years has to be charted out by every individual. After doing this, the things that stops the individuals from reaching their goals have to be noted down.
The process of avoiding procrastination is all about setting the goals and sticking to them. After finding the rewards of performing the tasks on time, the individuals are sure to find more ways on how to avoid procrastination.